By creating a collaborative environment, leaders leverage the intelligence and productivity of a team and accelerate the success of their organization.
For twenty years, I have helped clients achieve their team goals by designing and facilitating high-stakes meetings that build strong alignment, collaboration, and communication. I have helped companies implement corporate initiatives that involve multiple teams and large stakeholder groups.
• EXAMPLES OF MY WORK
• HOW I WORK WITH CLIENTS
Types of meetings I design and facilitate
• Problem solving
• Strategic and operational planning
• Team building
• Organization-wide consensus building
Examples of my facilitation work
Level (3) Communications
Facilitated a six-month change management process for this international communications company. Designed and facilitated meetings for the sales management team involving problem-solving exercises, solution formation, and final presentation to executives. Taught workshops on problem-solving frameworks and tools.
Designed and facilitated a two-day problem-solving session for this Fortune 500 industrial electronics distributor. Worked with high-potential managers tasked to solve specific problems for a recent restructuring. Coached teams on their 1.5-hour presentation to senior executives on solutions.
Butler Family Foundation
Designed and facilitated a half-day board meeting for this ten-million-dollar family foundation. The session focused on building consensus on new areas of funding and addressing conflicts between members.
Acted as lead consultant for the development of a custom leadership program for this multinational financial services corporation. Worked with the global head of HR to design the course curriculum and the implementation plan.
How I work with clients
1 Before the meeting, we discuss and develop...
• Organizational goals
• Purpose of the meeting(s)
• Stakeholder assessment
• Desired outcomes
2 During the meeting my role is to...
• Facilitate the group’s movement toward the desired outcomes
• Build alignment and consensus
• Manage communication to reduce conflict and promote positive working relations
• Record and manage information capture
3 After the meeting we debrief to determine...
• What worked well and what could be improved
• Next steps for moving forward
• Feedback to the team leader
• Documentation of the meeting
Contracts include all three phases described above.
• Amount of time required is mutually determined by coach and client based on the preparation necessary to design and facilitate the meeting.